Critically evaluating each forklift from safety and operations perspective so as to achieve the following objectives:
- Forklift Maintenance for reducing down time and maintaining the forklift in condition
- Ensuring functionality of Active safety devices
- Improve the overall safety performance of material handling activities
The forklift shall be assessed in detail, covering the following key parameters:
- External checks (Lights, Tyre condition, Mirrors, Mountings, Leakage, Seat belts)
- Engine (Fuel, Engine oil, Hydraulics, Cooling system and mountings)
- Electrical system / Battery
- Brake system/ Hydraulic system (Brake fluid, pedal linkage, hand brake, hydraulic oil level)
- Internal Checks (Gauges, Indicators, buzzer, horn, levers)
- Condition of lifting components such as Fork, Mast, Roller chains, Carriage, Lift cylinder, etc.
Highlights of the study:
- Comprehensive forklift audit checklist built in a tablet based application for doing the study
- Forklift Safety Score for ranking and comparing the condition of forklift trucks.